A good way to reach Combined Federal Campaign donors in the DC area is the Post’s Express daily newspaper. We’ve used it ourselves.
A better way to reach many more DC-area CFC donors is through Charitable Choices. If you can do both, that’s great. If you can’t, please consider becoming part of Charitable Choices’ CFC charity guides, website and our other CFC promotional options.
Here are the differences:
- Our DC-area guides went to more than 137,500 federal and military employees last fall. Each daily issue of the Express went to just over 31,000 federal and military employees (21% of an average daily circulation of 148,928). That’s a big difference. Altogether we distributed 272,000 guides in DC last year (not all go to potential CFC donors). The Express distributed 148,928.
- Our local distributors handed out nearly 80,000 guides, usually outside federal buildings or at Metro stations near federal buildings, in the early morning when people get to work. In contrast, the Express’s CFC ad supplements are printed inside this tabloid daily newspaper. You must read through the paper to find the charity ads.
- Our engaging guides are printed on quality white paper, not newsprint, and they are letter size – easy to keep on a desk or in a file. They are easy to use, looking like guides, not collections of ads. They are organized logically, according to the type of work your charity does.
- We have the DATA! It can be hard to tell if your CFC ad is really helping your charity raise more money. Thanks to the Workplace Giving Alliance’s annual reports on how much individual CFC charities raise, we’ve been able to document the impact of being in our guides on charities. Here’s some of the data from the most recent WGA report. It’s impressive.
- When you’re in a guide or one of our other CFC options such as our special section in Recreation News, you get a page in our popular website for a full year for free. Our charities’ pages look great, giving you a chance to show your charity’s work and explain why you need support.
- You also get access to our 30 years of knowledge about the CFC and what works to raise more through the campaign. Check out our recent articles and reports about the CFC and its many changes.
Your charity can save $100 by signing up by the end of July. Here are your options, costs and sign-up form.