Humane Society International
Humane Society International leads the way in animal protection. With hundreds of thousands of supporters, we are a voice for all animals. We educate, investigate, advocate and act, working to prevent cruelty and promote compassion.
Active on nearly every continent, HSI is one of the few international animal protection organizations working to protect all animals—including animals in laboratories, farm animals, companion animals and wildlife. HSI campaigns around the world to help the greatest possible number of animals and to save those who are suffering from the most severe abuse, investing our time, effort and resources in ways that will make a real difference.
Humane Society International works around the globe to promote the human-animal bond, protect street animals, support farm animal welfare, stop wildlife abuse, eliminate painful animal testing, respond to natural disasters and confront cruelty to animals in all of its forms. With the support of donors and advocates, we are endeavoring to create a humane and sustainable world for all animals, including people, through education, advocacy and the promotion of respect and caring.
Humane Society International drives positive change for animals.
- We’re convincing leading food service providers to go cage-free.
- We’re getting national bans on animal testing of cosmetics passed in countries around the world.
- We’re fighting the dog meat trade and dealing effectively and humanely with companion animal overpopulation.
- We’re working to deal with the over population of street dogs.
Your support for Humane Society International helps us achieve victories for a more humane world. Your generosity and commitment to the cause make our lifesaving work possible. Your gift plays a critical role in getting us closer, every day, to a society that is truly humane, protecting all animals, everywhere.
- Rescue – your support makes it possible for us to fight the dog meat trade in Asia and rescue animals from cruelty.
- Protect - Every year, even more baby seals will be spared from Canada's annual slaughter because of your support.
- Provide - vaccinate dogs in desperate situations around the world to keep them - and humans - safe from deadly diseases like rabies.
Active on nearly every continent, HSI is one of the few international animal protection organizations working to protect all animals—including animals in laboratories, farm animals, companion animals and wildlife.
We are deeply committed to extending our reach and to expanding our services and support to local organizations around the world.
Throughout 2019, Humane Society International has driven transformational changes for animals around the globe. Here are some of HSI’s most important victories of 2019:
- Closed down the 16th dog meat farm in South Korea; rescued over 2000 dogs in 2019 alone.
- Assisted communities in more than 20 countries affected by the COVID-19 pandemic by providing food and veterinary care to help keep companion animals in their homes, assist shelters taking in abandoned or surrendered animals, and provide for street dogs and cats who are not able to be fed by their communities during the pandemic.
- Advanced a plan to reduce animal suffering and help prevent future national and global pandemics, including recommendations to shut down wild animal markets permanently around the world and end the commercial trade of live wild animals.
- Assisted our partners at HSI/Australia with the rescue of wildlife during devastating wildfires.
We couldn’t have done any of it without you. Thank you for standing with us, for all animals.
Humane Society International is approved by the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance for all 20 of its standards for charity accountability, which address charity governance, finances, effectiveness reporting, appeal accuracy, website disclosures and donor privacy. Click this link to review our Annual Reports and Financial Statements https://www.hsi.org/financial-information/