JFS is one source for a lifetime of help with more than 50 programs and services for the entire community, including adoption, counseling, parent education, food security and much more.
Why do we exist?
As One Source for a Lifetime of Help, we make a difference in people’s lives. It’s what we’re good at. It’s why we’re a premier human care services agency in San Diego. We serve more than 35,000 people every year with more than 50 programs and services, including: Aging & Wellness Services, Case Management; Counseling; Family Violence; Food Assistance; Jewish Connections; Military Support Services; Parenting & Youth Services, Refugee & Immigration Services; Teen Leadership Programs, and Volunteer Engagement. Learn more about why we are One Source for a Lifetime of Help at www.jfssd.org
What have you accomplished?
This year alone we made a difference in the lives of more than 35,000 people. Our accomplishments this past year included:
• Distributing more than 343,000 pounds of food and hygiene products – enough food to makemore than 268,000 meals - to 9,371 clients (including 1,258 military families) through our Hand Up Youth Food Pantry program.
• Project SARAH, our domestic abuse program, assisted more than 500 survivors of domestic abuse with individual and group counseling, case management services, and legal support.
• Supporting more than 5,000 parents with education and counseling services, enabling them to feel more confident and empowered as parents.
• Welcoming more than 300 refugees and asylees to San Diego through our Refugee & Immigration Services department, while assisting more than 260 clients with green card applications, travel documents, and petitions to bring relatives overseas.
• Expanding our On the Go transportation program to two new communities, Carmel Valley and Tierrasanta, which were completely void of transportation resources for older adults. This expansion resulted in 40,000 rides to 1,575 riders.
• Delivering 39,745 hot Kosher meals to isolated older adults and the younger disabled through our Foodmobile program.
• Stabilizing the lives of older adults in crisis by providing 10,231 hours of assistance to frail elderly through our Geriatric Care Management program.
And that’s just the beginning. Our programs and services are continuously growing, meeting the ever-changing needs of the San Diego community.