Nine million innocent children needlessly die before age five! Help us provide millions of meals, healthcare, clean water, housing, education, God's love and stop starvation.
How do you help people in my community?
For several years we have provided emergency benevolent grants to children and their families here in the U.S. Often we hear that knock on our door from someone needing their next meal or a place to stay that night. We have helped many people, even some of our most faithful donors who have been affected by floods and hurricanes in their area, most recently Hurricane Katrina.
Why do you need my support?
Our work is made possible by compassionate and generous people like you. Without you, good work to help the poor and needy around the world would not be done! When we rock a crying baby to sleep, or give a child a warm meal, or his first immunization, or his first drink of clean water, we are simply extending your compassion. OUR HANDS are simply an extension of YOURS.
With the help of our many compassionate donors, orphans and other needy children are being fed, clothed, immunized, and educated. Fresh clean water is provided for those who have none. Millions of vegetable seeds are provided to hungry families to plant so they can eat!
How can I be sure that you will use my money wisely and won't waste it?
Children's Hunger Relief Fund is accountable for how funds are used on multiple levels:
1. Board of Directors: All expenditures are carefully reviewed and voted on by our international Board of Directors composed mainly of pastors, churches and international relief workers.
2. Certified Public Accountant: All expenditures are carefully audited by an independent certified public auditor and made public in a full audit yearly.
3. U.S. Government: U.S. Agency for International Development (U.S.A.I.D.). We must meet strict governmental guidelines and reporting requirements to receive U.S. Government Funding for Foreign Assistance Programs.
4. Combined Federal Campaign: As a member in good standing of the Federal Government's Combined Federal Campaign, we must meet strict standards of compliance - both corporate and governmental - to qualify for participation.
5. Christian Service Charities (CSC) represents Christian charities in workplace fund raising drives. We have met the high standards for membership which include a stringent legal and financial review.
Can I Volunteer? How?
Pray for us. Support us financially. CHRF keeps a very small U.S. staff and is unequipped to supervise volunteers.
However, if you wish to do something, we suggest you and your friends and/or associates organize a fundraiser for CHRF to help those less fortunate. We have received wonderful donations from individuals who gave money to CHRF in lieu of receiving presents for their birthday.